Frequently Asked Questions
What is IVMS/ Telematics?
IVMS, short for In-Vehicle Monitoring Systems, and Telematics are interchangeable terms both describing the overall management and visibility to fleets including vehicle and asset locations, statistics, and driver behavior.
So it’s like GPS?
Well, yes– but much more. The fundamental understanding of a Telematics or IVMS system is GPS location, but the solutions provided by FMS-Tech are much more comprehensive than a simple GPS location. Other optional features include:
- Route Management
- Fuel Consumption
- Incidents such as harsh braking, over speeding, not wearing a seatbelt, and distracted driving
- Accident reconstruction
- Automated reporting
- Real-time notifications
- In-and-out-of-vehicle cameras for recorded and/or live security
How are the solutions from FMS-Tech helpful?
The main way solutions from FMS-Tech that help make roads more safe is by reducing road accidents, encouraging safe driving behavior, and eliminating reckless driving.
- FMS-Tech solutions can also:
- Lower your insurance premium by showing your insurance company how safe you’re driving!
- Help a bus automatically stop in case it is too close to another vehicle
- Automatically determine the best possible route to save time and petrol
- Locate your vehicle in case it is stolen
- Remotely disable a vehicle’s ignition in case of illegal activity
- Electronically secure and track a cargo container, with automatic alarms and reporting for attempted break-in.
- Automate HSE reporting based on your company’s specific needs
- Give employees rewards for driving safely